ProgressIQ (“Company”) is a growing software as a service company serving graduate university clients throughout the United States. Our software integrates data and tracks student progress. Company growth plans include additional education markets and expanding to international clients. Learn more about ProgressIQ.
The ideal candidate is self-starter and has a passion for applying problem-solving skills integrated with .NET web applications and automated solutions. This position requires the flexibility and aptitude to zoom in to fine-grained detail and back out and up the full stack. The position will manage, automate, and make decisions and judgment calls which heavily influence all clients and colleagues. The position requires multiple roles, and a strong sense of taking ownership.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and systems design, database design and optimization, solid communication skills, and the desire and ability to tackle complex problems of scale. The full-stack developer will be involved in all aspects of software builds, deployment, maintenance, and optimization, including front-end, back-end, and DevOps pipelines, with special emphasis on transactional and analytical SQL related processes.
- This is a fully remote position.
- Starting salary is $120,000 with generous medical, dental, and vacation benefits.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and be physically located in the United States (client contracts prevent data from leaving the US).
Improve and Scale the Product.
- Your first priority is to further develop, manage, and scale our application as we delve into new markets, with emphasis on re-envisioning, re-architecting, automating, and growing the back-end and data capabilities.
- You should love solving complex technical problems, learning new skills, and teaching others.
- You will be required to think creatively to connect to client data sources. You will need to be a wizard at automating processes that obtain and clean data. If you expect every data source to have a logical and well documented API, this is not the job for you ;).
Support our Client Support Specialists.
- You will trouble-shoot elevated tech requests, participate in software testing, fix bugs and implement suggested software improvements, and work directly with the client support team to translate university needs into product improvement.
Be flexible and willing to take on new tasks.
- We are a small, hard-working team. The ideal candidate will have a high tolerance for ambiguity and enjoy tackling new tasks.
- Minimum 5 years of professional developer experience
- Minimum 3 years of full stack experience
- Minimum 3 years Microsoft SQL experience
- Minimum 3 years .NET experience programming high quality, robust, multi-tiered, object-oriented code
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES): SOFT SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong analytical ability
- Results oriented
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- Advanced skill in analyzing information, situations, practices, and procedures to identify problems, recognize alternatives and their implications, and to formulate logical and objective conclusions and solutions
- Adaptable to new environments. Capacity to rapidly learn new tools, techniques, and best practices
- Contribute meaningfully as a team member, effectively prioritize tasks, and work independently to find optimal solutions within given time constraints
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES): TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Ability to analyze, work with, and document complex business rules and technical specifications
- Fluency in Agile methodology
- Facility working with task tracking systems and testing technologies
- Advanced experience in project cycles, development environments, source control, and DevOps techniques and practices
- Expertise to design and coordinate system testing efforts to provide quality assurance testing for web-based applications and back-end databases. Ability to collect and incorporate feedback from testing exercises and communicate problems and issues identified in a clear, complete, and concise manner
- Experience building scalable applications using MVC and .NET Core technology
- Creating and using unit tests in applications (perform Agile testing to create and execute test scripts)
- Extensive Microsoft SQL experience, including proficiency in normalization, denormalization, data integrity, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and performance optimization for transactions and analysis
- Advanced .NET experience programming high quality, robust, multi-tiered, object-oriented code
- Experience incorporating external APIs
- Strong understanding of ASP.NET page life cycle, state, session management, and security
- Working proficiency with Azure environment and services, their configurations, and typical concerns/issues
- Experience preferred in Angular and React
THE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, DRUG FREE WORKPLACE, AND COMPLIES WITH ADA REGULATIONS AS APPLICABLE
Follow these instructions to apply:
- Use a programming language of your choice to create a function for the below problem statement. Comment the code appropriately, with your first line stating the language you chose. Include a succinct comment block explaining in your own words and using plain English how your code works, such that a non-technical person would understand.
Problem Statement: Calculate the volume of a sphere from user input of the radius.
- Prepare your cover letter, resume, the above solution, and any other documents you wish to share as one .docx or PDF file. Use any document sharing service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. to share the link to the file location with us. You will not be able to upload the file to our application system, only the link. Be sure the link and document are not password protected.
- Submit the link to your file here.
Applicants will only be considered if they follow this process.
Please do not contact us via email or phone unless we request that you do so.