Sales and Operations Executive Assistant
ProgressIQ (“Company”) is a growing software as a service company serving graduate university clients throughout the United States. Our software integrates data and tracks student progress. Company growth plans include additional education markets and expanding to international clients. Learn more about ProgressIQ.
The Sales and Operations Executive Assistant provides highly detailed support to the Chief Operating Officer. This support includes sales activities (managing contact lists, communicating with university administrators, scheduling meetings, organizing follow-up activities, etc.), supporting current clients (triaging technical requests, responding to help-desk, answering incoming calls, etc.), and highly detailed “back office” tasks (invoicing, data cleaning, documenting, etc.).
- This is a fully remote position. Must be based in the United States (client contracts limit data that can leave the US). Conference travel may be required.
- Starting salary is $35,000 – $45,000 with medical, dental, and vacation benefits.
Grow the company: Your first priority is to attract new clients.
- You will implement sales and marketing activities to attract new clients. This includes identifying contacts, managing sales leads in HubSpot, initiating and scheduling product demos, and following up after demos. (Other team members will be giving the demos.)
- You will assist with conference presentations of our software. This could include planning event logistics, arranging travel, processing paperwork, and following up with contacts after the event.
Support clients: Your second priority is to support and retain current clients.
- You will be become an expert user of our software so that you can triage client tech support requests with exceptional customer service via phone and email.
- You must be able to effectively assess customer concerns, thoroughly document meetings, update work tickets and task lists for self and others, and work with the Client Support Specialists to support clients.
- You should love solving technical problems, learning new skills, and following up on every detail.
Support the team: Your third priority is to be the wizard behind the scenes.
- You must be highly detail-oriented and love having many balls in the air at one time.
- You must love Excel. Really really love Excel. You should be comfortable cleaning and manipulating data, performing statistical analyses, and teaching yourself how to do anything you can’t currently do.
- You must be an excellent written communicator. You must be able to write clear and engaging emails, follow-up appropriately, and initiate new strategies based on experience.
- You will trouble-shoot tech requests, participate in software testing, document bugs and suggested software improvements, keep detailed meeting notes, and update information in multiple systems.
Be the water: Make the ship run smoothly.
- We are a small, hard-working team. There are many rocks in our path. You will need to be able to shift efforts quickly to remove rocks, steer us around them, or “raise the water level” and let us pass over those rocks.
- You should love solving-problems, learning new technology, and working with ambiguity. Each day will be different. If you want consistency and a script, this is not the job for you!
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in higher education environment, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A love of technology and desire to learn new products and skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Follow these instructions to apply:
- Prepare a less than three minute video introduction of yourself explaining why you are an ideal addition to the ProgressIQ team. Use any video conference platform and/or upload the video to a hosting service such as YouTube. You will paste ONLY the link into the application. You will not be able to upload the file. Do not require a password to view the video.
- Prepare your Cover Letter, Resume, and any other documents you wish to share as ONE file. Use any document sharing service (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.) to house the file. You will paste ONLY the link into the application. You will not be able to upload the file. Do not require a password to access the file.
- When you have the two items above prepared, submit them here.
- Complete an email role-play task. Pretend you already have this job. Using the information provided on the ProgressIQ website (www.ProgressIQ.com), respond to the imaginary email inquiry below. Send your email response to ContactUs@ProgressIQ.com.
Subject: Conference Question
I saw your booth at a conference and wanted to learn more about ProgressIQ. Do you do student advising?
Pat Dyr, DVM, PhD, MPH, MBA
College of Veterinary Medicine
Sunny Farm University
Applicants will only be considered if they follow this process.
Please do not contact us via email or phone unless we request that you do so.